Elated by my previously-detailed coaster success, I decided to try a ball. Two of my cousins are expecting new babies this fall, and I thought this would be a good thing to knit as a gift. This one, however, was never meant as anything but a prototype, to see if I could do it and to throw in the washer and see how it did and so forth.
Which is good, because that photo looks a hell of a lot better than the real thing thanks to strategic positioning and camera angle. It’s lumpy and lopsided, and the underside shows how much trouble I had keeping the yarn tight as I got into the late decreases. To cap it all off, near the end I apparently got my stitches reversed again and wound up with the wrong side on the outside.
Well. It was a learning experience. It’s too small anyway, so I’ll have to do another one in any case. I think I have the math worked out for how to add increases, and I’ll probably try to lay hands on some larger DPNs and thicker yarn.